Bicester Good Neighbour Scheme volunteers are simply kind hearted people who have an hour or two to spare each week to help others. They can assist with practical tasks, do odd jobs, or just visit for friendly chat. There is no charge for our services.
Contact our Scheme Coordinator by phone or email to refer yourself, someone else (with their permission), or to find out more. We will ask some questions about the request, and usually make an initial visit to meet you in your home. We then aim to match you with a volunteer who can help.
Monday - Thursday in office hours
07849 799 530
Email us at:
Our volunteers are happy to:
- Visit you at home for a chat (Befriending)
- Help with the shopping or collecting a prescription
- Practical tasks at home, like changing a light bulb
- Help with letters or forms
- Provide information about other services or advice you might need
- Walking a dog
- Light gardening work
Please note, BGNS volunteers do not provide personal care and they cannot assist people experiencing severe mental health issues. We are not a transport service but can signpost you to other helpful organisations - see our Links page.